in:
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

Bomb Threats Interrupts Classes of 4 Public Schools in Cebu City

BOMB THREATS – Four bomb threats interrupted the classes of 4 schools in Cebu City on March 4.

Cops have a protocol on how to respond to bomb threats because there are alerts that turn out to be hoaxes. Any bomb scare in schools shall be immediately reported to the principal.

The threats received must be turned over to the authorities to them with the investigation. The person who sends fake bomb threats may face imprisonment or a fine not more than P40,000 or both. The 1980 presidential decree is informally called the “Anti-Bomb Joke Law.”

Bomb-threats
Photo Source: 8List.ph

Based on a report from Sunstar, bomb threats rocked four schools in Cebu City on Wednesday morning, March 4. The bomb scare interrupted the classes.

City Councilor David Tumulak, who is also the chairman of the Committee on Disaster Risk and Reduction Management said they were forced to momentarily suspend the classes at Mambaling Elementary School, Hipodromo Elementary School, Cebu City National Science High School, and Abellana National School.

Bomb-threats-Cebu-City
Photo Source: Philippine Star

According to the report, the bomb threats were proven hoax after the police’s Explosive Ordinance Disposal-Canine (EOD-K9) Group 7 checked the rooms of the schools. The classes were resumed after it was cleared by the authorities. The principal of Mambaling Elementary School, Vivian Tagupa, said she received a message around 8 am.

“What we did was to tell the disaster team and the police to investigate. I also informed our supervisor… I gave my teachers instructions to transfer the students to the gym,” she said.

Bomb-threats-Cebu-City-1
Photo Source: BitcoinerX

Based on the report, Vivian Tagupa instructed the teachers that they will have a fire drill in that way, the students won’t run in panic.

“If the students had been told that there was a bomb threat, they would have panicked. I secretly told only the teachers about it,” she said.

The cops and Department of Education are currently investigating the incident to identify the person behind the bomb threat.

What can you say about this article? Leave your comments and reactions below.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

comment(s) for this post "Bomb Threats Rocks Four Public Schools In Cebu City". Tell us what you think abut this post by leaving your comments below.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.