Arrest Warrant Against Trillanes & 11 Others Issued by Quezon City Court
The Quezon City Court has issued an arrest warrant and ordered the arrest of former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV and 11 others.
On Friday (February 14, 2020), Quezon City Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 138 ordered the arrest of Antonio Trillanes and 11 personalities over the “Ang Totoong Narcolist” videos tagging President Duterte’s family to illegal drug proliferation.
According to a clerk of the QC court, at least 3 of the accused personalities have already posted bail of P10,000. However, the court refused to show a copy of the document or the names of the personalities who posted bail.
Last month, the Justice Department 7 filed a complaint against Trillanes and other personalities over an alleged conspiracy to commit sedition and inflicting an act of hate towards President Duterte.
Peter Advincula alias “Bikoy”, the man behind the “Ang Totoong Narcolist” videos is also included in the controversy. The viral videos were linking the Duterte family to illegal trade.
DOJ finds a probable cause to accuse Trillanes and other personalities due to the same issue. Here are some of the involved personalities given by DOJ:
- Peter Joemel Advincula (a.k.a Bikoy)
- Joel Saracho
- Boom Enriquez
- Alias “Monique”
- Yolanda V. Ong
- Vicente Romano III
- Fr. Albert Alejo
- Fr. Flaviano Villanueva
- Jonnel Sangalag
- Eduardo Acierto
“Kapag naglabas ng warrant of arrest ang korte, ibig sabihin naniniwala ang hukom na may probable cause laban sa akusado,” Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said.
However, Trillanes denied his alleged involvement in the viral videos discrediting President Duterte. The former lawmaker also said that the video might want to send a “chilling message” to the current administration.
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.