DPWH Undertakes Road Reblocking And Repairs From Nov 8 -11
ROAD REBLOCKING – The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) had released a notice that 12 roads will undergo repairs and a road reblocking.
In their Facebook post, they stated that the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) would close the following roads starting from 11 p.m. on November 8 until 5 a.m. on November 11.
- EDSA Camp Crame Gate to after Annapolis St. (beside MRT)
- EDSA after Muñoz to Bansalangin St. (1st lane from sidewalk)
- G. Araneta Bayanin intersection
- Quirino Highway Nightingale to Zabarte Road (inner lane)
- General Luis St. from Samonte St. to SB Road
- Elliptical Road after Maharlika St. (6thlane from outer sidewalk)
- A. Bonifacio Ave. near Marvex Drive (2nd lane from sidewalk)
- Katipunan Ave./C-5 after CP Garcia St. infront UP Town Center (truck lane)
- EDSA after Aurora Blvd. to New York St. (3rd lane from sidewalk)
- Congressional Ave. Ext. cor Luzon Ave. (2ndlane from center island) and after Tandang Sora Ave. (truck lane)
- Luzon Ave. before Congressional Ave. Ext. (1stlane from center island)
- R. Magsaysay Blvd. after Magsaysay Bridge going Quiapo (inner lane)
In the meantime, motorists are advised to avoid the areas mentioned above and use alternative routes instead.
Their post also promised to have the roads become fully passable by 5:00 a.m. on Monday, November 11.
However, because of the reblocking, some netizens shared their dismay over the news. Others say that the road blockings and repairs are merely a waste of money.
“Na naman? Nagtutunaw lang ng pera mga yan eh. Gayahin niyo mga Hapon matibay pag gumawa kayo sigurado aq after a year sira na naman yan pag may budget na naman kaya hindi umuunlad bansa natin eh“
Thanks for reading. We aim to provide our readers with the freshest and most in-demand content. Come back next time for the latest news here on Philnews.
Like this article? READ ALSO: Metro Manila Gets 1st Place In Worst Cities To Drive In List By Waze