Who Is Ludwig Van Beethoven? About The Famous Classical Composer
LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN – In this topic, we will now know that famous classical pianist and composer Ludwig van Beethoven.
Beethoven is a German pianist and composer from both the classical and romantic era. He is one of the famous and greatest composers along with Mozart, Bach, and more.
He was born in the city of Bonn which is the capital of Electorate Cologne. He already showed a lot of talent in music at a young age and was taught by his father Johann van Beethoven, his father and Christian Gottlob Neefe.
He was also known for his loss of hearing, which he acquired back in 1798 when it was induced by a rage at the interruption of his work, where he eventually fell over. The moment he woke up, he realized he was deaf.
Famous Works of Beethoven
- Septet, Op. 20
- According to LiveMint, it is one of his first ever hits. It is a charming piece for seven instruments.
- Moonlight Sonata, No. 14 Op. 27.
- Composed of three movements from the slow, dark first movement to the third fast paced movement. A critic named it moonlight based on Beethoven’s inspiration which is, you guessed it, moonlight.
- Pathetique Sonata, No. 8 Op. 30
- One of his earliest sonatas. The second is well known for its expression of tragedy and deep emotions.
- Adelaide, Op. 46
- This is his most popular song. Named after his idealized love of the woman he will never attain.
- Eroica Symphony (Third), Op. 55
- Said to be one of his most vital works. This was dedicated to Napoleon Buonaparte but when he crowned himself emperor, Beethoven flew into a rage and stretched out the name on the manuscript.