Tagalog Translator – What is the Tagalog word for the English term “Sobriquet”?
TAGALOG TRANSLATOR – Are you looking for some help to translate the English word “sobriquet” to Tagalog?
A lot of words are unfamiliar to many people. Some of these words actually have simple meanings and their synonyms are more common to the public compared to them. One of these words is “sobriquet”.
In this article, we will review the meaning of the uncommon word “sobriquet”. We will also discover its counterpart in Tagalog or the Filipino language.
What is “sobriquet”?
Based on Cambridge Dictionary, the word “sobriquet” refers to a name that is given to someone or something but it is not the official name of a person or thing. It is also called as “nickname”.
What is “sobriquet” in Tagalog?
After knowing about the exact meaning of the word, surely many of us want to know the Tagalog translation of the word sobriquet.
Sobriquet = Palayaw
Examples of sentences using the word sobriquet:
1. The teacher of Grade V-Narra never calls her students by their sobriquet.
2. JV is the sobriquet of John Vincent.
3. The sobriquet of Matteo is after her late grandfather’s real name.
4. Do you want to know Jason’s sobriquet at home?
5. Myla is not comfortable being called by her sobriquet.
Mga halimbawa ng mga pangungusap na gumagamit ng salitang palayaw:
1. Juancho ang palayaw ng ama ni Susan pero hindi ito ang tawag sa kanya ng mga kapatid niya.
2. Ano ang palayaw ni Francisco?
3. Pepe ang palayaw ni Dr. Jose Rizal.
4. Ayaw na ayaw ni Marlon na tawagin siya sa kanyang palayaw.
5. Ipinasulat ng guro ang mga palayaw ng kanyang mga mag-aaral sa isang papel.
For other English-Tagalog translations…