Guide on the Background & Benefits of the Guyabano Fruit / Soursop
GUYABANO – Here are the background and the benefits of this healthy fruit which is called as ‘soursop’ in the English language.
It is widely known that fruits are the best and the healthiest food for the human body. They can bring a lot of health benefits through the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals they contain. They reduce the risk of diseases.
Among the healthy fruits, one that is widely known for its excellent benefits is the guyabano fruit. In English, it is called as soursop. Some people also refer to this fruit as graviola.
The guyabano fruit or soursop is a product of the Annona muricata. The said tree has broad leaves and bear flowers. It is common in the Americas and the Carribean but can also be found in other places as it is widely propagated.
The Annona where the plant bearing the said healthy fruit comes from is of the family of custard apple tree. It can grow even in poor soil and it is usually found in lowland areas.
The fruit of Anonna muricata is called as soursop in English because of its taste. When it is ripe, it becomes slightly acidic. There are actually a lot of benefits that you can get from the guyabano fruit.
- contains calories, thiamine, protein, magnesium, fiber, Vitamin C, potassium, and carbohydrates
- is high in antioxidants thus helps fight cancer
- got anti-bacterial properties
- helps reduce inflammation
- helps maintain a healthy blood sugar
- aids in reducing the blood pressure level
- helps in preventing stomach ulcer
- helps treat herpes simplex virus
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. Hopefully, you learned a lot from this article about the soursop fruit. You may also read – Powerful Health Benefits Of Drinking Guyabano Tea.