“Sagip Saka Act” w/c is for Farmers & Fishermen Gains Approval of Pres. Duterte
DUTERTE – Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte approved the “Sagip Saka Act” for farmers and fishermen in the country.
A lot of bills promoting the welfare of the Filipino people were recently passed into laws. The President has previously given his approval to the “Magna Carta of the Poor“.
Recently, another good news which will benefit the Filipino farmers and fishermen has crossed the surface.
Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte has approved the “Sagip Saka Act” or the Republic Act No. 11321. It seeks to promote enterprise development for farmers and fishermen.
It was on the 17th day of April 2019 when the President signed the measure which aims the establishment of agricultural and fishery products’ enterprises.
Based on the report, the newly-signed law also aims to provide assistance to farmers and fishermen in developing their skills and as well as in access to financing firms and research technologies.
Reportedly, the following are covered under the development program:
- agricultural and fisheries production
- acquisition of work animals, farm and fishery equipment and machinery
- acquisition of seeds, fertilizer, poultry, livestock, feeds, and other similar items
- procurement of agricultural and fisheries products for storage, trading, processing, and distribution
- construction, acquisition, and repair of facilities in support of agriculture and fisheries
- working capital for agriculture and fisheries graduates to enable them to engage in economic activities
- agribusiness activities in support of soil and water conservation
- working capital for long-gestating projects
- credit guarantees on uncollateralized loans to farmers and fisherfolk