Valid IDs for Passport Application/Renewal
Here is the list of considered valid IDs for the passport application or renewal accepted by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
Passport is an official document issued by the government certifying the identity and citizenship of the holder.
This document also entitles the holder to travel under its protection to and from foreign countries.
Most Filipino people planning to apply for a work abroad are required to obtain passport before leaving the country.
However, applicants are required to bring several valid identification cards in order to acquire a passport.
The DFA is accepting at least one of the following valid IDs:
- Social Security System (SSS) / Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) Card
- Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License (Card format)
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) / Integrated Department of Labor and Employment (
- Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certification with Dry Seal
- Philippine National Police (PNP) Firearms License
- Senior Citizen ID
- Airman License (issued August 2016 onwards)
- School ID (if applicable)
- Current Valid
ePassport(For Renewal of ePassport)
- For applicants based overseas, they may use their host government-issued IDs showing their Philippine citizenship. (Example: Residence Card)
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.