PARTS OF SPEECH: Answer to ‘What is Noun?’ and Examples of Nouns
NOUN – Here are the answer to the question ‘What is noun?’ and the examples of nouns as one of the parts of speech.
One of the lessons in English discussed in the elementary level is the parts of speech. Its discussion does not end in the elementary level as it continues until the secondary level of education and even up to college.
One of the parts of speech is the noun. In this article, we will know more about this part of speech including its definition and as well as its individual examples and examples used in sentences.
What is Noun?
According to Merriam Webster, it is a part of speech that serves as the subject of the verb in the sentence. It may either be singular (one) or plural (more than one) in form.
Furthermore, it is stated that this part of speech can be replaced with a pronoun. It may refer to
Examples of Nouns:
- Mario Gomez
- New Year’s Day
- Atty. Seanu Del Carmen
- Mouse Pad
- March 16
- All Saint’s Day
- SM Department Store
- Harvard University
Examples of Nouns Used in Sentences:
1. Dr. Mendez just called to inform about the release of the patient at Room 611.
2. Arturo and the fireman were left at the office.
3. The Robinson’s Mall will hold a midnight sale tomorrow.
4. Jacque will enroll for medicine at the Normandy Boston University so she will fly abroad soon.
5. The pencil and the paper were bought by Dustin for his younger brother.
6. The water almost reached the second level of the house of Gregory‘s family in Bulacan.
7. The Philippines is one of the most beautiful countries you can visit.
8. Ethan and Loisa are going tomorrow.
9. The Dentist was not around so he had to come back again next week.
10. March 25 is the graduation day.