Department Of Health (DOH) Told Senators, No Confirmed Deaths Mainly Caused By Dengvaxia
DOH – The Department of Health (DOH) recently said the senators on Tuesday that there were no confirmed deaths that are mainly caused by Dengvaxia.
Previously, a doctors’ group made a statement regarding the PAO’s public campaign against Dengvaxia, which made people trust the vaccine less.
The group, slamming directly to PAO chief Persida Acosta and forensics chief Erwin Erfe, calls to put an end to the continuous spread of unproven claims of deaths caused by the dengue vaccine by the “same unqualified but noisy people” who are largely responsible for the fall in vaccine confidence in the country.
Recently, the Department of Health said that the dengue vaccine is not the direct cause of the deaths but rather, something else.
The statement made by the agency, despite negative claims by the Public Attorney’s Office (PAO), was backed up by Sen. JV Ejercito, who is also the chair of the Health panel who is currently sponsoring and defending the budget.
According to Inquirer, Ejercito said that Dengvaxia did not cause the deaths but rather, dengue and other diseases.
Ejercito further added that Health Secretary Francisco Duque III clarified that the PAO’s place is different from the DOH.
As per the report, Ejercito answered when he was questioned by Sen. Panfilo Lacson who asked “Isn’t the DOH more competent?” citing the approval of the Dengvaxia in 20 countries.
What do you think?