Department Of Health Says Dengvaxia Ban Will Soon End But Cannot Be Used Right Away
DENGVAXIA – The ban on Dengvaxia, which took one year, will end this month yet according to DOH, the vaccine may not be used right away afterwards.
The anti-dengue program was launched during the time of former president Benigno Aquino III, in which it was given to 800,000 Filipino children. It was suspended last year by Health Secretary Francisco Duque III due to the reason that it might give dengue symptoms to individuals who have not experienced dengue.
A child named Aj Bautista died five months after receiving the vaccine. the child was reported to suffered headaches and throat pain before dying. Bautista’s sister also suffered the same symptoms and was confined.
Recently, the Department of Health said that the anti-dengue vaccine might not be used anytime soon after it’s one year ban.
According to PhilStar, DOH Undersecretary Eric Domingo said that the ban of the marketing license of Dengvaxia will likely to be extended after December 29 (Saturday). He added that the Certificate Product Registration (CPR) of the said vaccine has not yet lifted and he doesn’t see it being lifted anytime soon.
On December 29, 2017, the Department of Food and Trade suspended the vaccine for one year due to the reason that its manufacturer, Sanofi Pasteur, failed to comply with the post-marketing requirements.
As per the report, Domingo lastly added that after the ban, the vaccine might not be registered and sold again in the country.
Sec. Duque noted that pending regulatory and legal issues and the lack of testing kits to detect previous dengue infection are among the reasons to stop Dengvaxia. He lastly added that no one will dare to let themselves be vaccinated with it.
What do you think?