List of Regular, Special Non-Working Philippine Holidays 2019
PHILIPPINE HOLIDAYS 2019 – Here is a list of the regular holidays and special non-working holidays in 2019.
There are lots of holidays in a year. Some are in commemoration of the birth or death of certain personalities like the national heroes and significant events in the history of the Philippines.
Other holidays are church-related or in honor of the beliefs and religious activities of a religion. A holiday may either be a regular one or a special non-working holiday.
Regular Holidays are those holidays with a fixed date except for the Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, National Heroes Day, Eid’l Ftr, and Eidul Adha according to CNN.
On the other side, the special non-working holidays are those which have flexible dates and those that were declared by the Malacañang Palace or the president.
Currently, another year is about to unfold. Many are surely looking forward to the days when they can enjoy some vacation or long weekends. Many wanted to see the list of the Philippine Holidays 2019 to spot the regular and special non-working days.
For the Philippine Holidays 2019, here is a list of the regular and special non-working holidays next year according to Smart Parenting:
Philippine Regular Holidays
- January 1 (Tuesday) – New Year’s Day
- April 9 (Tuesday) – Araw ng Kagitingan
- April 18 – Maundy Thursday
- April 19 Good Friday
- May 1 (Wednesday) – Labor Day
- June 12 (Wednesday) – Independence Day
- August 26 (Last Monday of August) – National Heroes Day
- November 30 (Saturday) – Bonifacio Day
- December 25 (Wednesday) – Christmas Day
- December 30 (Monday) – Rizal Day
Philippine Special Non-Working Holidays
- February 5 (Tuesday) – Chinese New Year
- February 25 (Monday) – EDSA People Power Revolution Anniversary
- April 20 – Black Saturday
- August 21 (Wednesday) – Ninoy Aquino Day
- November 1 (Friday) – All Saints Day
- December 8 (Sunday) – Feast of the Immaculate Conception
- December 31 (Tuesday) – Last Day of the Year
Based on the article, there are two additional holidays which are the All Souls Day on November 2 (Saturday) and the Christmas Eve on December 24 (Tuesday).