
US President Barack Obama chooses not to release the actual photos of the dead Osama Bin Laden despite the fact that many doubters wanted to clearly see the evidence that the al-Qaeda leader really died during the raid in the city of Abbottabad in Pakistan.
With the concern about the possible retaliation of bin Laden’s remaining (–foul word(s) removed–)ets, US authorities set discussions to decide if Bin Laden’s death photos will be published worldwide.
“We don’t trot out this stuff as trophies,” says President Obama.
Images were kept after bin Laden was gunshot in a raid conducted by the US Special Forces in his hideout at Abbottabad City.
Jay Carney, Press Secretary of the White House, even said that those photos are not in their “national security interest” making it to become “icons to rally opinion against the United States”.
The White House Press Secretary strongly believes that the 54-year-old Osama Bin Laden, American’s most-wanted leader of al-Qaeda, was dead. Reports said that his body was buried at sea.
In Carney’s quoted statement on Wednesday, he strongly says that “There is no question at all that Usama bin Laden is dead. He will not walk this earth again.”
An article from a news site reported that the US President pronounced that the release of the death photos of the most wanted terrorist is not considered to be worth the risk. He publicized his decision in one of the media interview.
Obama’s decision gained the support of the US administration as well.
Meanwhile, the President’s decision not to release the photo contradicts to the announcement of the CIA director Leon Panetta that the photos would be likely released at some point.
Such decision was brought up when US authorities started to examine the computer hard-drives, USB sticks and mobile phones that the US Navy Seals were able to find in an operation held in Bin Laden’s hideout in Abbottabad City, Pakistan.
The data gathered from Abbottabad compound is expected to reveal other terrorists to be included in the terrorism watch-list.
Following the attack, Bin Laden’s clothing was found to have a stitch of two telephone numbers and 500 euros which is believed to be used just in case he needed an immediate escape.
Issues rise regarding the operation’s legality. Most critics questioned US when it tried to revise its account revealing that Osama Bin Laden was unarmed when he died of a gunshot.
Defending his country, the US Attorney General Eric Holder announced that killing Bin Laden had been “an act of national self-defence”. According to him, the action was lawful as “It was a kill-or-capture mission.”
In an operation conducted in Abbottabad City on Monday, two of the couriers of Osama bin Laden along with one woman died while leaving an injured wife of the al-Qaeda leader.
Military Forces in Pakistan presently holds the US Special Forces survivors as some of them were treated because of serious bullet wounds.