After the Palace, Ombudsman Boying Remulla Also Breaks Silence on Sen. Imee Marcos’ Claim
Ombudsman Boying Remulla reacted to the claim of Senator Imee Marcos that flood control charges will allegedly be filed on January 15.
Recently, presidential sister and Sen. Imee Marcos claimed that she is sad as only senators are allegedly being targeted in the filing of the flood control charges and not her cousin, former House Speaker Martin Romualdez. According to her, cases will supposedly be filed against senators Jinggoy Estrada and Joel Villanueva and former Sen. Bong Revilla among others on January 15.

Marcos claimed that flood control charges will allegedly be filed against several congressmen, too. According to her, her sadness stems on the fact that Romualdez and the Speaker’s Office are allegedly the roots of the supposed corruption in the House of Representatives.
Leyte Congressman Martin Romualdez resigned from being the House Speaker amid the flood control accusations against him. According to he former House Speaker, he wants the Independent Commission for Infrastructure to be able to fully and freely exercise its mandate to investigate the issue.

The ICI was created under the order of Pres. Ferdinand Marcos Jr. Amid the flood control investigation, Romualdez is one of the government officials who appeared before the commission. According to him, he is willing to extend any help he can for the fast resolution of the issue.

Recently, Ombudsman Boying Remulla reacted to the claim of Sen. Imee Marcos over the alleged filing of the flood control charges. Based on a report on GMA News, Remulla claimed that he will not be giving dates on the filing of the charges against those who are allegedly involved in the supposed flood control corruption.
“Buti pa siya, alam niya. Ako, hindi ko alam [ang filing of charges na ‘yan]. Hindi ko alam saan ‘yan nanggagaling. We cannot give any dates or any commitments [on] anything [about that],” the Ombudsman said.

Based on the report, Ombudsman Boying Remulla refused to mention more names of individuals who are allegedly involved in the flood control issue. According to him, things are going a smooth movement and they and the Department of Justice continue their work.
“I don’t want to mention any more names for now. All I can say is that things are moving smoothly. We are hiring people. The work is continuing on a daily basis and we intend to keep it that way for the next seven years. We are doing our work. The DOJ is doing its work,” Remulla said.
Previously, Malacañang also reacted to the claim of Sen. Imee Marcos over the flood control charges.