Update on Pope Francis on his 8th Day of Hospitalization in Rome
POPE FRANCIS – The Roman Pontiff’s doctors said that he is “not out of danger” amid the slight improvements in his condition.
Prayers brigade for the recovery of the Pope continues in countless Catholic churches across the globe. Catholic leaders have spearheaded the spiritual defense for the Sovereign Pontiff amid his hospital confinement.

The Pope is confined in Gemelli Hospital in Rome, Italy for more than a week now since February 14, 2025. He was brought to the hospital due to chest pains. He was diagnosed with bronchitis that developed into pneumonia.
Amid his battle against pneumonia, Pope Francis previously said he might “not make it this time”. According to the Roman Pontiff, he can feel that he will not live longer. It urged the wake and funeral preparations to start.

The Vatican has also started the funeral rehearsals for the possible demise of the Pope. The Swiss Guard which takes charge of the security of the Roman Pontiff is also under a curfew for the same matter.

Meanwhile, amid the health battle of Pope Francis, slight improvements have been detected. He was reported to be free from fever. He has received the Holy Eucharist and had been doing some work while he is confined in the hospital.
However, according to Professor Sergio Alfieri, the doctors of clarified that Pope Francis is “not out of danger”. Meanwhile, based on a report on ABS-CBN News, there is also no risk that he might die anytime at this moment.
“The question is, is the pope out of danger? No, the pope is not out of danger. If you then ask whether he is in danger of dying at this moment, the answer is still no,” the Professor said.
Based on the report, the Pope’s condition started with a bronchitis that developed into pneumonia. He is currently confined in a special papal suite on the 10th floor of the Gemelli hospital.
According to Professor Sergio Alfieri, the Pope has been moving between his bed, a chair, and a chapel where he prays. He stressed that the Roman Pontiff will remain in the hospital for the entire week next week.
“If we send him to Santa Marta (his home at the Vatican), he’ll start working again as before. So we’re keeping him here,” Alfieri said.