UNDERGROUND RIVER TOUR – Here’s a guide if you are planning to explore the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park.
The Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park is a protected area in Palawan. Tourists can explore a portion of it only and here are the other details you might want to know before going there.
Puerto Princesa Underground River – Tour and Travel Guide
Here’s a travel guide if you are going on a Puerto Princesa Underground River tour.
PUERTO PRINCESA UNDERGROUND RIVER – How do you plan this trip? Here are some details to know before going here.
One of the seven wonders of the world is the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site at the same time.
The river is open year-round for tourists but the high season is from November to early June while the low season is from June to September or the wet season. As much as we all know, bad weather can lead to closures temporarily as this is also for the safety of the people.
First things first, where do you intend to stay?
There are a lot of Puerto Princesa hotels that give top-notch services. Since you are already in Palawan you might want to explore other places and these hotels in El Nido and accommodations in Coron will be a great help!
About the underground river:
- this is an 8.2-kilometer-long stretch of cave where you can marvel at stunning limestone formations and the diverse ecosystem that thrives inside it
- tourists are allowed to explore only a portion of it
When visiting, you must consider the weather conditions of the place. In going there, we have provided a travel guide which includes the flight and bus rides going to Puerto Princesa.
From Puerto Princesa to Sabang, you may:
- Take a jeepney or bus with departure times 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 12:00 NN, and 2:00 PM. The ride may take around two to three hours
- Take a van that will only take two hours or less of travel time.
- Wear light and comfortable pieces of clothing.
- Bring extra clothes.
- Put on aqua shoes, trekking sandals, or rubber slippers.
- Applying sunblock and mosquito repellant is highly suggested.
- Wear the provided life vests and hard hats all the time for your safety.
- Don’t bring disposable water bottles or plastic bags. Bring refillable bottles.
- When looking up, make sure to keep your mouth closed.
- Avoid making loud noises.
- You can also visit other tourist spots.
What can you say about this? Let us know!