Will the reported ABS-CBN-TV5 partnership push through?
TV5 Chairman Manny V. Pangilinan was asked about the reported partnership between his network and ABS-CBN.
Earlier this June, reports surfaced that the Kapamilya network is in advanced talk already with Pangilinan’s media company for a “50/50 deal.” Weeks after the said speculation surfaced, both camps did not release a statement.
In a recent event, Manny V. Pangilinan was asked to react to this, based on the article in PEP. The businessman said that as of this moment, he is not at liberty to speak anything about the matter.
“Nothing is being finalized. We’re under confidentiality agreement at saka, you know, we have to obtain government approval first. So it’s probably not appropriate to comment at this stage,” the media company executive said.
Previously, ABS-CBN and TV5 already had their partnership as some of the Kapamilya shows are now being aired on the Kapatid network. This matter once again was talked about when speculations surfaced that on July 1, a station ID will be released featuring stars from both networks.
It was said that Pangilinan and the Lopezes are just waiting for the end of President Rodrigo Duterte’s term before they will announce their partnership. Rumors also surfaced that ABS-CBN will be a blocktimer on TV5 as it was said that the Kapamilya network will co-produce shows on the Kapatid network.
Meanwhile, it was previously reported that ABS-CBN CEO Carlo Katigbak was spotted at the headquarters of incoming President Bongbong Marcos after the elections. When PBBM’s wife Liza Araneta-Marcos and his sister Senator Imee Marcos were asked about this, they said they did not know what topics were discussed. However, Sen. Imee said that probably they talked about the franchise of the Kapamilya network.
What can you say about this?