Is it true that Carlo Katigbak talked about ABS-CBN’s franchise with Bongbong Marcos?
The supposed “ties” that ABS-CBN CEO Carlo Katigbak to President-elect Bongbong Marcos is rumored to be the network’s vehicle to renew its franchise.
Rumor has it that after the election success of BBM, Katigbak was spotted at the headquarters of the incoming President in Mandaluyong. Because of this, speculations surfaced that the network’s CEO is already talking about the possibility of renewing the franchise under the presidency of Marcos.
However, the camp of the Marcos and Katigbak did not release any statement about the supposed meeting. Based on the article by entertainment columnist Joe Barrameda, there is a tie binding Bongbong Marcos and Carlo Katigbak. It was said that the latter’s “kapatid is a close friend of the incoming President.
Barrameda said that when he asked Atty. Liza Araneta-Marcos about the said meeting, she said that she did not know that matters that was discussed. Senator Imee Marcos also knew nothing about the topic that was discussed however she said that most likely, her brother and the ABS-CBN CEO talked about the franchise renewal.
To recall, it was former President Ferdinand Marcos, the father of incoming President Bongbong Marcos, who ordered the shutdown of ABS-CBN during Martial Law.
Meanwhile, the frequencies that were previously occupied by ABS-CBN were already assigned to Advanced Media Broadcasting System (AMBS) of business tycoon Manny Villar. AMBS has started its test broadcast last June 26. Veteran host Willie Revillame, who is rumored to hold an executive position in Villar’s network, said that they are already preparing for the launch of AMBS. However, Kuya Wil debunked the “fake” station ID of AMBS that has circulated on social media.
What can you say about this?