What is Callous in Tagalog?
CALLOUS IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Callous means showing or having an insensitive and cruel disregard for others.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “WALANG KABULUHAN.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- The man who stole from the poor was a callous thief.
- The nurse caused the callous murder of fifteen patients.
- The callous attitude of the shipping company would sound like sheer mockery to my countrymen.
- The bishop criticized the government for its “callous, uncaring attitude” to the homeless and the unemployed.
- It’s typical of the two rivals to speak callously about each other at public events.
- The store owner acted in a callous manner towards those who could not pay their bills.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Ang taong nagnakaw sa mga mahihirap ay isang walang kabuluhang magnanakaw.
- Ang nars ang sanhi ng walang kabuluhang pagpatay sa labinlimang pasyente.
- Ang walang kabuluhang ugali ng kumpanya ng pagpapadala ay parang panunuya sa aking mga kababayan.
- Pinuna ng obispo ang gobyerno dahil sa “walang kabuluhan, walang malasakit na saloobin” nito sa mga walang tirahan at walang trabaho.
- Karaniwan sa dalawang magkaaway na magsalita nang walang kabuluhan tungkol sa isa’t isa sa mga pampublikong kaganapan.
- Ang may-ari ng tindahan ay kumilos nang walang kabuluhan sa mga hindi makabayad ng kanilang mga bayarin.
You may also read: Bashful in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.