What is Subjugate in Tagalog?
SUBJUGATE IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Subjugate means to make subservient; force to submit or subdue.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “MAGPASAKOP.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- Nearly 1,000 years have passed since we were conquered or subjugated by an external force.
- Working women are more productive members of society and are less subjugated.
- The emperor’s armies subjugated the surrounding lands.
- When the settlers first landed on the continent, they tried to subjugate the natives and turn them into slaves.
- The manager tried to subjugate the employees into working late by threatening to fire them.
- If you want to be an effective prison guard, you must learn how to subjugate the prisoners with a single glance.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Halos 1,000 taon na ang lumipas mula nang tayo ay masakop ng isang panlabas na puwersa.
- Ang mga manggagawang kababaihan ay mas produktibong miyembro ng lipunan at hindi gaanong nasasakop.
- Sinakop ng mga hukbo ng emperador ang mga nakapaligid na lupain.
- Noong unang dumaong ang mga naninirahan sa kontinente, sinubukan nilang sakupin ang mga katutubo at gawing alipin.
- Sinubukan ng manager na sakupin ang mga empleyado sa pagtatrabaho nang huli sa pamamagitan ng pagbabanta na sibakin sila.
- Kung gusto mong maging isang epektibong bantay sa bilangguan, dapat mong matutunan kung paano pasakop ang mga bilanggo sa isang sulyap.
You may also read: Advocate in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.