What Is Tilapia In English? (Answer)
TILAPIA IN ENGLISH – There are several words in the English language that do not have a direct translation to English. As such, we need context to fully understand them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of the word “Tilapia” based on context. Furthermore, we are going to provide you with some example sentences translated from Tagalog to English.
Although Tilapia is considered a Tagalog word for the fish, it’s actually already the English translation. Tilapia is already the common name for thousands of types of fish under the cichlid fishes native to Africa.
Meanwhile, the larger species of the fish are called “Pla Pla”. These types of fish grow fast in tropical climates such as the Philippines where they love to fry and grill the fish.
Here are some examples of sentences translated from English to Tagalog:
- Tilapias store their eggs in their mouth.
- Tilapias are common in the Philippines.
- Our family loves to grill tilapia when we’re out in the beach.
In Tagalog, these sentences can be translated as:
- Itinatago ng mga Tilapia ang kanilang mga itlog sa kanilang bibig.
- Ang mga Tilapia ay pangkaraniwan dito sa Pilipinas.
- Gustung-gusto ng aming pamilya na mag-ihaw ng tilapia kapag nasa beach kami.
For other English-Tagalog translations: