What Is Locate? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS LOCATE – In this topic, we are going to know and learn the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary defines the term as the following:
- discover the exact place or position of.
- situate in a particular place.
- place within a particular context.
- establish oneself or one’s business in a specified place
Meanwhile, the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines this term as the following:
- to establish oneself or one’s business
- to determine or indicate the place, site, or limits of
- to set or establish in a particular spot
- to seek out and determine the location of
- to find or fix the place of especially in a sequence
Here are some of the following synonyms:
- track down
- run to earth
- hit on
Here are some examples of the usage of this term:
- Real estate records were scoured for any known relative of the now deceased murderer in an attempt to locate family owned property, a difficult chore as mother Grasso wedded three men and lived with countless others.
- Unable to locate him, Cassie had finally agreed to leave the twins with Mr. & Mrs. Hertz, their neighbors.
- It took her the better part of an hour to locate the cow, and if it hadn’t been for the white form that raced out to meet them, she might have missed the cow in the hollow with her two calves.
- If it comes down to it and we need an ID later in the week, I can locate the Greek god guy and show him the picture, but I didn’t want to take the chance this early.