What Is Poster? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS POSTER – In this topic, we are going to know and learn the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary defines the term as the following:
- a large printed picture used for decoration
- a large printed picture, notice, or advertisement displayed in a public place.
- a person who posts something online, as on a blog, social media website, or forum
- put up posters in an area.
Meanwhile, the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines this term as the following:
- a usually large printed sheet that often contains pictures and is posted in a public place (as to promote something)
- a usually large printed sheet that is put on a wall as decoration
- a person who posts something online
- to put up posters on walls or surfaces
- to affix posters to
- a swift traveler
Here are some of the following synonyms:
- public notice
Here are some examples of the usage of this term:
- Not only did it seem to him (as to all administrators) that he controlled the external actions of Moscow’s inhabitants, but he also thought he controlled their mental attitude by means of his broadsheets and posters, written in a coarse tone which the people despise in their own class and do not understand from those in authority.
- Xander was everywhere, from posters on the wall, stacks of books he’d allegedly written, even a red carpet entrance flanked by adoring female fans and photographers.
- Lammasch and his ministers shared their official premises peacefully with the new secretaries of state of the Austrian Republic, and his last official act was to send out posters with an appeal for peace and quiet.
- It provides video, stills, posters, production designs, biographies of leading figures and also much contextual analysis.