What Is Oddity? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS ODDITY – In this topic, we are going to know and learn the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary defines the term as the following:
- a strange or peculiar person, thing, or trait.
- the quality of being strange or peculiar.
- an odd person, thing, event, or trait
- the quality or state of being odd
Here are some of the following synonyms:
- fish out of water
- square peg in a round hole
- round peg in a square hole
- rare bird
- rara avis
Here are some examples of the usage of this term:
- Television coverage gave the war greater immediacy than it had ever before had.
- Based on the author’s personal diary, the book has a startling immediacy which is complemented by reflections matured over three decades.
- Well, that tells us something new about ourselves—in fact, a lot of things: the kinds of information we want to share, the kinds of information we want to consume, and the immediacy with which we want it all to occur.
- The immediacy of the relation between Ahura and Asha is implied in the statements that Ahura created Asha and that he dwells in the paths which proceed from Asha; and when he created the inspired word of Reason, Asha consented with him in his deed.