What Is Prudence? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS PRUDENCE – In this topic, we will first know and learn the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary defines the term as the following:
- the quality of being prudent; cautiousness.
Meanwhile, the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines this term as the following:
- the ability to govern and discipline oneself by the use of reason
- sagacity or shrewdness in the management of affairs
- skill and good judgment in the use of resources
- caution or circumspection as to danger or risk
Here are some of the following synonyms:
- good judgment
- common sense
Here are some examples of the usage of this term:
- The prudence of a playoff bubble has been debated for much of the year after the NBA completed its season and postseason in a bubble at Disney World.
- This office he filled with great prudence and probity, removing many abuses in the administration of justice in Egypt.
- He seems to have acted with prudence and moderation during the conversion of his kingdom and did not countenance compulsory proselytism.
- The right reason by which moral virtue is determined is prudence, which is determined in its turn by wisdom.