What Is Appertain? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS APPERTAIN – In this topic, we will first know and learn the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary defines the term as the following:
- relate to; concern.
- be appropriate or applicable
Meanwhile, the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines this term as the following:
- to belong or be connected as a rightful part or attribute
Here are some of the following synonyms:
- pertain to
- relate to
- be concerned with
- have to do with
- be relevant to
- have relevance to
- apply to
- be pertinent to
- have reference to
It is a late Middle English term, which is from the Old English term apertenir, which is from the late Latin term appertinere or ‘to pertain‘.
Here are some examples of the usage of this term:
- She enjoyed the privileges appertaining to the office of chairman.
- Clearly, however, these matters appertain as much to private economy as to the economy of whole nations.
- Beginning from appertain regulation of China insurance law, this paper fully discusses on tow important issues: scope of beneficiary application, beneficiary designation and beneficiary change.
- The procedure for the obtaining and giving of further particulars of defense is the same as appertains in relation to further particulars of claim.