Here are some guidelines for Simbang Gabi 2020 amid the pandemic.
SIMBANG GABI 2020 – The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) released guidelines for this year’s Simbang Gabi amid the pandemic.
With the pandemic that seems have no ending in sight as of now, annual traditions for the longest holidays every year must not be neglected as long as people follow health protocols. Every year, people are looking forward to attending Simbang Gabi which has been a part of many people’s Christmas tradition.
And for this year, with this tradition still pushing through, the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) released guidelines for people to follow. These guidelines are set for the safety of everyone and also to prevent the spread of infection.
The guidelines are under November 27 Circular No. 20-82 on the celebration of Aguinaldo masses, or the “Misa de Gallo.” Here are the rules and safety protocols to follow:
- Enforcement of social distancing, wearing of face mask, and ban on social gathering.
- From December 16 to 24, the Simbang Gabi masses may start as early as 6 p.m. and the last mass at 6 a.m.
- Live streaming is also encouraged in consideration for those people who wouldn’t be physically present in church.
- Vigil Mass of Christmas may be celebrated from 6 p.m. of the Christmas Eve and the last is the liturgy of the Midnight Mass of Christmas.
- Mass of Christmas may be held early morning of Dec. 25.
CBCP President Davao Archbishop Romulo Valles indicated that it is “important not to lose sight of the basic components of the celebration, namely the Word of God and Holy Communion.”
- ABS-CBN Christmas Station ID 2020 Lyric Video Released, Netizens React
- 13th Month Pay vs. Christmas Bonus: Are They Given Out As One Or Not?
What can you say about this? Let us know!