What Is Materiel? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS MATERIEL – In this topic, we will first know the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary defines the term as the following:
- military materials and equipment
On the other hand, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines this term as the following:
- equipment, apparatus, and supplies used by an organization or institution
Here are some of the following synonyms of this term
The term is an early 19th century which is from the French term matériel.
Here are some of the examples:
- Not having sufficient materiel for two sieges, he laid siege to San Sebastian only, and blockaded Pampeluna.
- The materiel of the Italian navy has been completely transformed, especially in Virtue of the bill of the 31st of March 1875.
- Tho, if he were able to purchase fissile materiel illegally, it would only be a year or two.
- The naval prefect is assisted by a rearadmiral as chief of the staff (except at Lorient and Rochefort, where the office is filled by a captain), and a certain number of other officers, the special functions of the chief of the staff having relation principally to the efficien.cy and personnel of the fleet, while the major-general, who is usually a rear-admiral, is concerned chiefly with the materiel.
READ ALSO: What Is Pandemic? Definition And Usage Of This Term