This is the statement of Vico Sotto regarding his viral video with a businessman
Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto explained what really happened between him and a Filipino-Chinese business in a trending video.
The name of the young politician topped the Twitter trend on September 28, Monday due to a viral video that caught the attention of the online community. In the video, the mayor was arguing with the businessman regarding the latter’s building.
Mayor Vico was questioning the credibility of the businessman who claimed that their operation is legal. Several netizens commended the public servant for doing his job as the head of the city.
In line with this issue that made his name a trending topic on Twitter, Mayor Vico Sotto shared this post. He said that there had been various comments regarding this video and some are out of the context.
“Marami siyang violation, pero ang MAIN ISSUE rito: Ilang beses na nilang sinubukan magpatayo ng building na WALANG BUILDING PERMIT. Tapos hinarangan ng truck at crane nila ang PUBLIC ROAD. Nakasira pa sila ng humps,” he explained.
The mayor also added that they are already preparing criminal and civil cases against the businessman.
One of the Twitter users who commented on the post of Mayor Vico Sotto shared the link of his Facebook post elaborated on the incident. The young politician explained elaborately the grounds of the complaints against the businessman such as the illegal demolition and disrespecting the public officials.
He made this explanation because he is already anticipating that people might upload clips only of the whole video and a different story will be told to the public.
Here is the post of Mayor Vico on his Facebook Page.
What can you say about this?