What Is Theme In Tagalog? (Answers)
THEME IN TAGALOG – There are several Filipino words that do not have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the translation of the word “theme” based on context.
Theme can be directly translated as “Tema”. However, the word theme also has other definitions in the English language. As such, when translating the word to Tagalog, one must take not of the context of how it’s used.
For example there’s a difference between “What’s the theme of the party tonight?” and “What’s the theme of the story”. The former asks for the “tema” of the party, while the latter asks for the “paksa” of the story.
Here are some other example sentences:
- We were having a meeting regarding the theme for our school’s dance.
- Our teacher asked us to summarize the theme of the book we read.
- My mom and dad loves that song, they told me it was their theme song when they were dating.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Nagkaroon kami ng pagpupulong ukol sa tema ng sayawan sa aming paaralan.
- Sinabihan kami ng aming guro na kunin ang buod ng paksa ng libro na binasa namin.
- Paborito ng mama at papa ko ang kantang iyan, kanta daw nila ‘yon habang sila ay nagliligawan pa.
For other English-Tagalog translations…