What Is Melancholy In Tagalog? (Answer)
MELANCHOLY IN TAGALOG – There are several Filipino words that do not have a direct translation in English, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of the word “Melancholy” based on context.
There are several words we could use to describe Melancholy. However, one of the most accurate Tagalog words we could use is “Mapanglaw”.
Other words we could use is malungkot, lukulok, or madilim. Here are some example sentences:
- Peter was experiencing melancholic and wants to be left alone.
- He had many melancholy reflections of his old school days.
- After he was left by his girlfriend, he was feeling melancholy above anything else.
- Being melancholic means you are beyond sad.
- I don’t like feeling melancholy so I always try to distract myself.
In Tagalog, these sentences could be translated as:
- Si Peter ay mapanglaw at gustong iwanang mag-isa.
- Marami siyang mapanglaw na pagmuni-muni sa kanyang nakaraang araw bilang estudyante.
- Matapos siyang iwanan ng kanyang kasintahan, mapanglaw na ang kanyang nararamdaman.
- Ang pagiging mapanglaw ay hight pa sa pagiging malungkot.
- Hindi ko gustong maging mapanglaw kaya lagi kong inaabala ang aking sarili.
For other English-Tagalog translations…