What Is Brave? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS BRAVE – In this topic, we will first know the definition of the term “brave” and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary described this term as the following:
- As an adjective
- ready to face and endure danger or pain; showing courage
- As a noun
- a North American Indian warrior.
- As a verb
- endure or face (unpleasant conditions or behavior) without showing fear.
On the other hand, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines this term as the following:
- having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty
- having or showing courage
- making a fine show
- to face or endure with courage
- one with mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty
- one who is brave
Synonyms and Antonyms
Here are the following synonyms and antonyms of this term:
- put up with
It is a French term which is derived fromthe Italian term “bravo” or the Spanish term “bravo” in which its meaning is synonymous to this term.
Here are some of the examples:
- He was brave now that he faced only a woman.
- Her brother received a medal for bravery after he jumped into the river to save a drowning childIt was really brave of her to admit her mistake to her boss.
- The child was not brave enough to argue with his teacher when he was blamed for something another child did.
- Today we remember the brave young soldiers who fought and died to protect our country