How To Use Wherein? Definition Of This Term And Using It In Sentence
HOW TO USE WHEREIN – In this topic, we will first know the definition of the term, “wherein” and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary defines this term as the following:
- An adverb which means:
- in which
- in what place or respect?
Meanwhile the Merriam-Webster dictionary described this term as the following:
- First Entry
- in what : in what particular or respect
- Second Entry
- in which
- during which
- in what way
It is synonymous to the terms “how” and “where”.
- Wherein lies the secret to the company’s success?
- The situation wherein the information will eventually be used
- Gratitude for his achievements and sorrow for his death found expression in universal mourning wherein king and peasant equally joined.43
- In like manner real virtue consists in the subordination of the individual to the laws of this harmony as the universal reason wherein alone true freedom is to be found.
- ” Jurisdiction ” is a word borrowed from the jurists which has acquired a wide extension in theology, wherein, for example, it is frequently used in contradistinction to ” order,” to express the right to administer sacraments as something superadded to the power to celebrate them.