President Duterte To Declare New Quarantine Qualifications
QUARANTINE QUALIFICATIONS – President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to announce his new quarantine classifications on June 29.
Amid the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the Philippines, PRRD is set to make some changes to the quarantine status of certain areas. According to Presidential Spokesperson, Harry Roque, the President had received a recommendation.
However, he emphasized that the subject was still up for review. Along with this, Roque said that the Inter-Agency Task Force on COVID-19 would alert the government units of any changes to their quarantine status so they could prepare the necessary measures.
Meanwhile, the Presidential Spokesperson urged the public not to believe in any heresy or fake news regarding the government’s plan to prevent COVID-19.
Currently, the Philippines has confirmed over 34,000 cases of COVID-19, just 6,000 shy of UP’s estimated 6,000 cases by June 30. Along with this, the coronavirus had caused 1,224 deaths while the number of recovered has increased to 9,182.
Recently, Duterte had already elevated the coronavirus quarantine level of Cebu from GCQ back to ECQ. This was due to the increased number of COVID-19 cases on the island.
As such, PRRD sent in military personnel to reinforce the quarantine protocols. However, some officials in Cebu attribute the rise of cases to their aggressive testing of the coronavirus.
According to an article from Brigada News, Duterte was expected to pass the new qualifications on June 30. Furthermore, Roque had recently said that the IATF had no plans to place any area under a “new normal” while quarantine protocols are still in place.
Thanks for reading. We aim to provide our readers with the freshest and most in-demand content. Come back next time for the latest news here on Philnews.