Cadiz City Road Accident On May 3 Left With Two Fatalities
CADIZ CITY – A road accident involving a truck in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, has left with eight casualties, among them were 2 fatalities.
According to SunStar Bacolod, the incident occurred on May 3 (Sunday) at Purok Azucena, Barangay Banquerohan in the said city.
The casualties were identified as the following:
- Eric Esacala
- Nicolas Pagunsan
- Edmar Dela Pena, aged 44, from Barangay Himogaan Baybay, Sagay City
- Rolly Sinogbuhan, aged 39, from Barangay Himogaan Baybay, Sagay City
- Paz Alpay, aged 59, from Barangay Himogaan Baybay, Sagay City
- Vicente Albos, aged 54, of Barangay Tiglawigan
- Jake Pasilan, aged 25, of Barangay Tiglawigan
- Erlito Tributante, driver of the truck
Probes from the police states that the Isuzu Elf truck manned by Tributante that loaded the aforementioned passengers came from Sitio Sawmill, Barangay Himogaan Baybay and was headed to the city proper.
The truck had a brake malfunction and was out of control, then swerved to the left and fell into the cemented riprap which is seven feet deep.
All of them were taken to the local emergency clinic but Esacala and Pagonsan were dead on arrival, as declared by the attending physician.
As per the report, the wounded, including the driver were referred to Corazon Locsin Memorial Hospital, Bacolod City for further treatment.
What do you think? How will you react to this? Let us know more about it in the comments below.