Here is the clearer statement of President Duterte regarding the Metro Manila Community Quarantine
Metro Manila Community Quarantine – Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo released a clearer statement on what President Rodrigo Duterte said in his speech on the night of March 12.
Amid the COVID-19 situation in the Philippines, the Chief Executive addressed this to the Filipino people, especially in Metro Manila. Here are the important points from the President’s statement.
- The Code Alert System is now Code Red Sublevel 2.
- Stringent Social Distancing Measures is imposed in the National Capital Region (NCR) for 30 days from March 15, 2020.
- Classes are suspended in all levels in Metro Manila until April 12, 2020
- Mass gatherings that could strain the planning and response resources of the community are prohibited.
- Community quarantine is imposed in the whole Metro Manila.
- Work in the Executive branch, Congress, and Judiciary is suspended.
- Armed Forces of the Philippines and Philippine National Police, as well as the health and emergency frontline services, shall continue in full operation.
- Private sectors should have flexible work arrangements following the guidelines of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Department of Trade and Industry.
- Manufacturing, retail, and service establishments will remain in operation provided that distancing measure is observed.
- Mass transportation such as LRT, MRT, and PNR shall continue in operation guided by the regulations of the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Land, domestic air, and domestic sea travel from and to Metro Manila are suspended until April 14, 2020.
- These measures will be subjected to the daily monitoring of the Inter-Agency Task Force in Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF).
The following statement from the President was intended to local government units outside Metro Manila.
What can you say about this?