China Confirms 830 Cases of Novel Coronavirus With 25 Deaths
China confirms 830 cases of patients infected with the new coronavirus as of Jan. 23, while the death toll from the virus has risen to 25.
In our previous reports, dozens more cases have also been confirmed by health authorities across China and some foreign countries. In lieu of this, China had ordered the shutdown of outbound public transport from Wuhan. Authorities urged residents of Wuhan not to travel outside of the city unless absolutely necessary.
According to the report of GMA News, the number was pegged by the World Health Organization (WHO) at 18 after confirmation of the death of outside Hubei. Hubei Province was said to be the center of the coronavirus outbreak.
The virus originated in the central Chinese city of Wuhan in Hubei late last year and spread to Chinese cities including Beijing and Shanghai, as well as the United States, Thailand, South Korea and Japan.
Meanwhile, Japan has confirmed the second case of infection by the new coronavirus from China, the health ministry said on Friday. The infection has been confirmed by a man in his 40s living in Wuhan – the city of China at the center of the outbreak – and traveling to Japan, the health ministry said in a statement.
The infected man who arrived in Japan on Sunday, is currently hospitalized, the ministry said. Public health officials reminding everyone who came from China immediately the doctor you are experiencing pneumonia-like symptoms.
What can you say about this article? Just feel free to leave your reactions in the comment section.