Fire In Barangay Luz, Cebu City Destroyed 60 Houses
BARANGAY LUZ – A fire occurred in a residential area in Sitio Santo Niño 3, Barangay Luz recently razed at about 60 houses.
According to SunStar, the fire occured on Monday, January 13, 2020 in the said barangay in Cebu City.
Reports show the firefighters received the alarm at about 8:13 PM. It is also reported that it allegedly came from the house of a Mary Ann Lapiz.
It reached fourth alarm and was eventually declared under control at around 9:53 PM.
As per the report, it razed at about 60 houses, hence, damage properties due to the fire sums up to ₱1,000,000.
Earlier this month on the same city, a fire occurred in T. Padilla, Cebu City, which razed about 40 houses. 50 families or 192 individuals were affected by the fire.
At that time, the local government is still confirming whether the fire-stricken area of the said place is privately owned. The government provided at about ₱20,000 worth of financial assistance to home owners, and ₱10,000 to renters.
The T. Padilla Barangay Captain added that survivors were allowed to return and rebuild their homes.
What do you think? How will you react to this? Let us know more about it.
Check out our latest news on philnews.ph