Translate English To Tagalog “Meretricious”
TRANSLATE ENGLISH TO TAGALOG – What is the Tagalog or Filipino translation of the word “meretricious”?
A lot of people are used to the English language but there are still several uncommon words that many may not be familiar with. One of them is the word “meretricious”.
In this article, we will review the meaning of the word “meretricious”. We will discover its counterpart in Tagalog or the Filipino language.
What is “meretricious”?
Based on Cambridge Dictionary, the word meretricious means “attractive but really false or of little value”. It can be related to words such as sugary, artificial, pretentious, and deceiving.
What is “meretricious” in Tagalog?
After knowing about the exact meaning of the word, surely many of us want to know the Tagalog translation of the word meretricious.
English to Tagalog
Meretricious = Mapanlinlang
Examples of sentences using the word meretricious:
1. The meretricious act of the man made the lady trust her a lot ending to him deceiving her.
2. It does not look like a meretricious piece of jewelry but it is really far from being pure.
3. A lot of meretricious people gathered at the event and pretended they support Mayor Gallego’s visions.
4. The meretricious acts of Daniel made Donna think that he is falling in love with her.
5. All of the meretricious propaganda of the previous officials of the city was junked by Mayor Tabligan.
Mga halimbawa ng mga pangungusap na gumagamit ng salitang mapanlinlang:
1. Mapanlinlang ang maamong mukha ng aso kaya hindi inakala ni Timothy na kakagatin siya nito.
2. Umiwas ka kay Jonathan dahil isa siyang mapanlinlang na tao.
3. Kahit anong pag tago ang ginawa ni Dennis, lumabas pa rin ang kanyang mapanlinlang na ugali.
4. Mapanlinlang ang mga nakasulat sa magazine kaya nahikayat si Jona na bilhin ang bagong telepono.
5. Marami ang bumoto kay Diego dahil sa kanyang mga mapanlinlang na mga plataporma para sa mga mahihirap.
For other English-Tagalog translations…