Ombudsman Releases Decision on Accusations Against 7 Customs Employees
OMBUDSMAN – The government body released a decision that removed seven(7) employees of the Bureau of Customs from their posts.
Undeniably, several employees and officials of government agencies are faced with accusations. Some were accused of neglect of duty, corruption, serious dishonesty, and grave misconduct.
These employees and officials may be facing charges depending on the decision of the court. Also, if proven guilty, their qualification for public service may be at stake.
Recently, the Office of the Ombudsman has released its decision over the accusations against seven(7) employees of the Bureau of Customs. The employees are removed from their posts following the decision.
Based on a report on GMA News, the BOC employees were facing serious dishonesty, gross neglect of duty, conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the service, and grave misconduct. They are the following:
- Lomonto Macabando, Customs Operations Officer 5
- Jaybee Raul Cometa, Special Police Assistant Chief, Bureau of Customs MICP
- Ramon Hernandez, Deputy Collector for Operations of the Manila International Container Port (MICP)
- Oscar Farin, Special Agent 1, BOC-Port of Zamboang
- Vanzandt Remonde, Customs Operations Officer 3
- Vicente Gamboa, Customs Operations Officer 3
- Renly Tiñana, Customs Security Guard 2
Based on the report, the accusations against the said Customs employees were over their alleged move of facilitating an illegal transhipment. Rice, sugar, and jewelry were allegedly involved in the shipment.
Aside from being removed from their posts, the BOC employees are also disqualified from holding a public office. Customs Operations Officer 4 Dolores Domingo who is accused of subordination is suspended following the order of Ombudsman.