in:
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

3rd Major Telco Mislatel Gets Permit Today

MISLATEL – The third major telco player Mislatel Consortium will receive their permit today at the Malacañang Palace.

The Globe and Smart telecommunication company have been dominating the whole Philippines for several years now.

President Rodrigo Duterte previously promised that he’ll bring another telco company to compete with these two major players.

telcom-tower
Photo Source: BusinessWorld

While Globe and Smart are currently busy with the upcoming launching of their fifth generation technology or (5G), they are about to face another competitor.

Mislatel-Consortium
Photo Source: Tech Rejects

Based on a report from Business World, the new competitor of Globe and Smart is called the Mislatel Consortium.

The third telco giant in the county is scheduled to complete its permit to finally operate and radio frequencies from the Philippine government.

The spokesperson of Udenna Corp. and Chelsea Logistics and Infrastructure Holdings Corp, Adel A. Tamano, confirmed the news via a phone message on Sunday, June 7.

“A ceremony at Malacañang… everything has been submitted, we have compiled with all requirements including the P25-billion performance bond,” Tamano said.

According to the report, Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT) Undersecretary Eliseo M. Rio Jr. said the awarding ceremony for the 3rd major telco will be at the Palace.

“Tomorrow will be the fulfillment of the president’s campaign promise that if he won, he will improve telecommunication services in this country by bringing in a third telco to give competition to Globe and smart,” said Rio.

3rd-telco-player
Photo Source: Bilyonaryo

Based on the report, Mr. Tamano said the commercial launch of the 3rd telco company will be in the second quarter of 2020.

“This is the first time that a new telco was required to come up with committed Quality of Service and has to post a performance bond, which it will loose in if it fails to satisfy its commitment…”

“That was never done with Globe and Smart,” said DICT undersecretary.

cellphone-1
Photo Source: bworldonline

Surely, the tech-savvy in the country are now checking the advantages or this new telco company.

What can you say about this article? Leave your comment and reactions below.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

comment(s) for this post "Mislatel: 3rd Major Telco Gets Permit In Malacañang Palace Today". Tell us what you think abut this post by leaving your comments below.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.