Manny Villar Dubbed As Richest Man in the Philippines
Forbes tags the Filipino businessman Manny Villar as the richest man in the Philippines based on the list of World’s Billionaires.
Former senator Manuel “Manny” Bamba Villar Jr. has been dubbed as the wealthiest man in the country.
Forbes’ 2019 list of the World’s Billionaires tagged Villar as the richest Filipino man with an estimated net worth of around $5.5 billion.
Manny Villar who once helped his mother selling seafood in Manila public market earned the 317th spot worldwide.
The Pinoy businessman is also the mall operator Starmalls and the home-builder company Vista and Landscapes.
JG Summit founder John Gokongwei Jr. secured the second place on the list with a total net worth of $5.1 billion.
Here is the list of other Filipinos included on world’s billionaire:
- Lucio Tan ($4.4 billion)
- Tony Tan Caktiong & family ($3.9 billion)
- Ramon Ang ($2.9 billion)
- Andrew Tan ($2.7 billion)
- Hans Sy ($2.4 billion)
- Herbert Sy ($2.4 billion)
- Harley Sy ($2.2 billion)
- Henry Sy Jr. ($2.2 billion)
- Teresita Sy-Coson ($2.2 billion)
- Elizabeth Sy ($1.9 billion)
- Eduardo Cojuangco ($1.4 billion)
- Roberto Coyiuto Jr. ($1.4 billion)
- Ricardo Po Sr. & family ($1.2 billion)
- Roberto Ongpin ($1.1 billion)
Forbes dubbed Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is the richest man in the world.
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.