Expect Heavy Traffic Over Metro Manila On July 14-15 Due To This Big Event
The Iglesia ni Cristo’s (INC’s) Worldwide Aid to Fight Poverty activity on July 14 to 15 was expected to cause heavy traffic over Metro Manila.
On Saturday and Sunday (July 14 and 15, 2018), Metro Manila would experience heavier traffic since several roads will be closed to motorists due to the big event of INC.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced that Katigbak Drive, South Drive, and Independence Road will be closed to public starting 6pm on July 14, 2018 (Saturday).
MMDA also announced that the following roads will be close to vehicles starting 12:01 am on July 15, 2018 (Sunday).
- Stretch of Road-10 from Moriones to Delpan Bridge
- Stretch of Bonifacio Drive from Delpan Bridge to Katigbak Drive
- Stretch of Roxas Blvd. from Katigbak Drive to P. Ocampo
- East and Westbound lane from P. Burgos from Lagusnilad to Roxas Blvd.
- Finance Road from Taft Ave. to P. Burgos
- Westbound lane of TM Kalaw from M.H del Pilar to Roxas Blvd.
- Westbound lane of Pres. Quirino from M.H del Pilar to Roxas Blvd.
The agency also advised the motorists to follow the alternate routes during the road closure:
- Vehicles passing southbound lane of R-10 shall turn left to Moriones St. to point of destination
- All vehicles coming from Pasay area intending to take the northbound lane of Roxas Blvd. shall turn right to P. Ocampo St. or use Roxas Blvd. service Road.
- All vehicles from three bridges: Quezon, McArthur, and Jones supposedly taking the southbound lane of Roxas Blvd. shall go straight to Taft Ave.
- Motorists from Ayala Bridge shall turn left/right to Taft Avenue to their destination.
- All vehicles using westbound lane of Pres. Quirino shall turn left to Mabini St..
- Heavy vehicles/Cargo trucks shall take Pres. Osmeña, to Pres. Quirino going to Nagtahan via A.H. Lacson to Yuseco to Capulong to R-10 (vice versa).
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.