On April 2017, Manny Pacquiao Will Face The Undefeated Jeff Horn
The Filipino boxing icon Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao was set to fight the unbeaten Australian Contender Jeff Horn on April 23, 2017.
After claiming the WBO welterweight title by defeating Jessie Vargas via unanimous decision last November 2016, Manny Pacquiao will have his first defense of the title against his next undefeated contender Jeff Horn on the upcoming summer of 2017.
The location of the match between the Filipino and Australian boxer has not yet decided. Places such as Australia or the United Arab Emirates are some only of the possible locations for the match, according to the report of ESPN.
Horn ranked number two at the WBO, where Timothy Bradley is the top contender. The 28-year-old Horn has a record of 16 wins – 0 loss – 1 draw, 11 knockouts and he is also a quarter-finalist at the 2012 Olympics.
In New Zealand last month, Horn defeated his former title challenger Ali Funeka on the sixth-round of their match. Bob Arum and Horn have an agreement but they just still waiting for Manny’s approval. On Tuesday (January 10, 2017), Horn’s manager Glenn Rushton said that Duco Event’s Dean Lonergan and Arum had an agreement.
“The fight is conditionally approved and it’s just now a matter of working out where this fight will take place. Everything is in agreement as far as Manny is concerned and Jeff is concerned,” said by Rushton quoted by Rappler.
But Horn wants to fight in SunCorp Stadium in his hometown. The stadium has a capacity of 52, 500 people. Manny is 10 years older compared to Horn, but Horn believes that he can beat the Filipino boxing superstar, which is an 8-division world champion.
Horn said that he’s much bigger than Pacquiao, so he has the physical advantage. He is also the first boxer who had no world title to fight Pacman and it will not be shown on pay-per-view.