The US Geological Service (USGS) reported that a 7.2 magnitude earthquake hits the island of Bohol on Tuesday morning August 14, 2013. The earthquake occurred 2 kilometers south of the town of Carmen, Bohol at around 8:13 AM.
The 7.2 earthquake struck at a depth of about of 35 kilometers (22 miles) around Bohol island, to the north of Mindanao island. As of press time there is no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
The Bohol earthquake lasted a little over 30 seconds. According to the the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii there was no threat of a Pacific-wide tsunami after the quake.
Here’s the intensity according to Phivolcs:
- Intensity VII – Tagbilaran, Bohol
- Intensity VI – Hinigaran, Negros Occidental
- Intensity V- Iloilo City; La Carlota
- Intensity IV – Masbate City; Roxas City; San Jose, Culasi, Antique; Guihulngan, Negros Oriental
- Intensity III – Davao City