Grace Poe-Llamanzares is currently running for Senator as an independent candidate and a guest candidate of the administration party Team PNoy. She is the former chairperson of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRC). She is the adopted daughter of the King of Philippine Movie and National Artist Fernando Poe Jr.
During her chairmanship at the MTRCB, she has accomplished introduction of a new classification system for movies and television. She initiated additional support to independent film makers.
Her platform builds on FPJ’s social covenant and focuses on three areas: Poverty alleviation, Opportunities for all, especially the children, and Electoral reforms. Grace Poe has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Boston College, USA and finished two years of Development Studies at UP Manila.
Grace Poe Short Profile:
- Full Name: Mary Grace Poe Llamanzares
- Nickname: Grace Poe
- Birthday: September 3, 1968
- Profession: Public Servant
- Place of Birth: Jaro, Iloilo
- Current Residence: Ugong Norte, Quezon City
- Marital Status: Married to Teodoro Misael Vera Llamanzares
- Political Party: Independent/Team PNoy
- Assumption College
- UP Manila (BA Development Studies)
- Boston College (BA Political Science, 1991)
- Adopted daughter of Fernando Poe, Jr. and Susan Roces
- Former MTRCB Chairwoman (2010-2012)
- Chairperson, College Freshman Assembly (1986-1987)
- Co-founder, Filipino Cultural Club of Boston College
Platform of Grace Poe
- Poverty Alleviation.
- Opportunities for our Children.
- Electoral Reforms.
Know More About Grace Poe (Video):