The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Professionals Regulations Commission have made a recommendation of 20 schools both colleges and universities as the Top 20 Colleges and Universities for the year 2012 in the Philippines.
The agencies have cited 11 schools from Luzon, 7 from Mindanao and 2 from the Visayas region as among the best performing schools in producing top professionals through state board exams or licensure examinations.
The study was conducted every 10 years by the PRC and CHED based on the average passing rate in the Board Exam of all courses from different universities and colleges in the Philippines.
The data gathered here are the latest records from concerned agencies dated, October 2012.
List of Top 20 Schools in the Philippines:
- University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City
- University of the Philippines in Los Banos, Laguna
- University of the Philippines in Manila
- Siliman University in Dumaguete
- Ateneo de Davao University in Davao City
- Ateneo de Manila University in Quezon City
- University of Sto. Tomas in Manila
- Mindanao State University (Iligan Institute of Technology)
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Saint Louis University in Baguio City
- University of San Calos in Cebu City
- Xavier University in Cagayan de Oro
- Mindanao State University (Main Campus) in Marawi City
- Urios College in Butuan City
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines in Sta. Mesa, Manila
- De La Salle University in Manila
- Mapua Institute of Technology (MIT) in Manila
- Adamson University in Manila
- Central Mindanao University in Bukidnon
- University of Southern Philippines in Davao City (*University of Southeastern Philippines)
* University of Southeastern Philippines is located in Mindanao while the University of Southern Philippines is located in Cebu City.