CSC Urges Graduates with Honors to Apply for CS Eligibility

CSC Calls on Graduates with Honors to Apply for Civil Service Eligibility

The Civil Service Commission (CSC) urges college graduates with honors to apply for civil service eligibility.

CSC indicated that graduates with summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude Latin honors are eligible to apply for CSC eligibility, which can be utilized to qualify for government jobs.

In accordance with Presidential Decree No. 907 issued on March 11, 1976, CSC grants Honor Graduate Eligibility (HGE) to Latin honor graduates of Private Higher Education Institutions (PHEI) in the Philippines from School Year 1972 to 1973 and above with a baccalaureate or bachelor’s degree recognized by the Commission on Higher Education.

CSC Graduates Honors

The law seeks to immediately integrate Latin honor graduates into public service in order to assure their participation in public affairs and to improve the quality of civil service. According to CSC Chairperson Karlo Nograles, honor graduates can easily ensure their civil service eligibility without taking the exams.

Latin honor graduates of state or local schools or universities having baccalaureate and bachelor’s degrees incorporated in their charters, or baccalaureate and bachelor’s degrees authorized by their Board of Trustees or Board of Regents, are also eligible for HGE.

Meanwhile, Latin honor graduates from respectable foreign schools who have been authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs through Philippine Foreign Service Posts may apply for the Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility (FSHGE) if they are Filipino citizens.

HGE and FSHGE are two forms of second-level qualifications that allow people to apply for and be hired for permanent first- and second-level government jobs. These roles do not necessitate professional training and are not subject to regulations imposed by the bar, board, or other laws.

Other academic distinctions, recognition, or prizes, such as Highest Academic Recognition, Dean’s List with Distinction, and Honorable Mention, however, are not covered by the HGE and FSHGE. Applications for HGE may be submitted to the CSC Regional Office or any of its Field Offices, depending on the institution or college the applicant graduated from.

Applicants for FSHGE, on the other hand, must apply at the nearest CSC Regional or Field Office to where they are currently based. The CSC Website has a detailed list of requirements and application procedures. CSC supplied HGE to 15,559 people in 2022, but just three people received FSHGE.

READ ALSO: Philippine National Government’s Debt Surges to P13.86 Trillion in March

What are your thoughts on this article? Just feel free to leave your reactions in the comment section.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We aim to give the freshest and in-demand content to our visitors. Come back next time at Philnews for more updated news.

Leave a Comment