What is Rebuke in Tagalog?
REBUKE IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Rebuke means expressing sharp disapproval or criticism of someone because of their behavior or actions.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “PAGSAWAY.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- He received a stern rebuke from the manager.
- The father was forced to rebuke his son for the spendthrift ways he had adopted since arriving at college.
- The teacher delivered a sharp rebuke to the class.
- Good parents praise their children more than they rebuke them.
- The nun did not hesitate to rebuke the misbehaving child.
- Maggie is going to rebuke her teenage son for not cleaning his bedroom.
- The minister used the sermon to rebuke those who were spreading gossip in the church.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Nakatanggap siya ng mahigpit na pagsaway mula sa manager.
- Napilitan ang ama na sawayin ang kanyang anak dahil sa mga magastos na paraan na kanyang pananalapi mula ng siya ay tumuntong sa kolehiyo.
- Isang matalim na saway ang ibinigay ng guro sa klase.
- Mas pinupuri ng mabubuting magulang ang kanilang mga anak kaysa sa pagsaway sa kanila.
- Hindi nagdalawang isip ang madre na sawayin ang masungit na bata.
- Sasawayin ni Maggie ang kanyang anak na binatilyo dahil sa hindi paglilinis ng kanyang kwarto.
- Ginamit ng ministro ang sermon para sawayin ang mga nagkakalat ng tsismis sa simbahan.
You may also read: Taunt in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.