What is Futile in Tagalog?
FUTILE IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Futile means incapable of producing any useful result; pointless.
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “WALANG SAYSAY.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- Trying to please other people is largely a futile activity.
- Their costly and futile attempt to subjugate the Afghans lasted just 10 years.
- The goal is not to punish the rebels, but to convince them that it is futile to resist.
- The losing team made a valiant but futile effort to catch up to their opponent.
- Unfortunately, all rescue attempts were futile during the hurricane.
- The man’s futile attempt to escape his kidnappers ended when he fell down the stairs and broke his leg.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Ang pagsisikap na pasayahin ang ibang tao ay isang walang saysay na aktibidad.
- Ang kanilang magastos at walang saysay na pagtatangka na sakupin ang mga Afghan ay tumagal lamang ng 10 taon.
- Ang layunin ay hindi upang parusahan ang mga rebelde, ngunit upang kumbinsihin sila na walang saysay na lumaban.
- Ang natalong koponan ay gumawa ng isang magiting ngunit walang saysay na pagsisikap upang mahabol ang kanilang kalaban.
- Sa kasamaang palad, ang lahat ng mga pagtatangka sa pagsagip ay walang saysay sa panahon ng bagyo.
- Natapos ang walang saysay na pagtatangka ng lalaki na takasan ang kanyang mga kidnapper nang mahulog siya sa hagdan at mabali ang kanyang binti.
You may also read: Enigma in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.